Helpful
Replies

Help aironet 3702i

Dina
Level 1
Level 1

Kindly I have 2 issues and need a solution for them
First:
I have just purchased a Cisco aironet 3702i just from couple of days and I am doubting that it’s not new and is used before so I need to check that
These are the output for showing the flash
Attached the serial and MAC address for my device:

S/N: fgl2011x25t
Mac: 00426887cf34

Second:

In my network environment I don’t have a wireless controller and I have read that to configure it without controller it must be running autonomous iOS so I need to make sure from this point also I need steps for installing this iOS

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

Hi

If new or not I can't say but as per the image k9w8 it is autonomous AP.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

So how to install this iOS can you help me with steps of installation?

so please can you provide me by the steps of installing this autonomous IOS 

I guess this is now on the flash right?

so how to make it the main os that the accesspoint run with?

also from the dates shown in my attached photos there are some dates on earlier 2017 and some on 1993 

does this mean that these OSs installed or modified by this date ? so is someone else had done that or this may be installed by cisco?

Dont worry about those dates. One thing I can assure to you, in 1993 there were not this AP mode, maybe there were no Cisco AP at all.

Just turn the AP on, plug a console cable on it and let it boot up. If everything is ok it will end up with a prompt waiting for command. From that on, just start configuring it.

Here some docs to guide you:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/15-3-3/configuration/guide/cg15-3-3.html

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-