cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help on VxLAN EVPN Configuration on Catalyst 9500-32C

Aaron D
Level 1
Level 1

Attempting to configure VxLAN EVPN on a pair of Catalyst 9500-32C's for a Proof of concept. No joy so far. Been referencing these links:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/data-center-blogs/vxlan-evpn-configuration-example-n9k-p2p/ba-p/3663830

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9500/software/release/16-10/configuration_guide/lyr2/b_1610_lyr2_9500_cg/configuring_vxlan_bgp_evpn.html

BRKDCT-2949. 

Any suggestions? 

Main goal is to bridge a single VLAN and have 2 hosts communicate across the VTEPs. 

19 Replies 19

Hello,

is this a partial config ? I don't see interface Loopback 0, which is bound to the NVE...

I've attached a more complete configuration for review. Thanks

Hi.
Did you find an answer to this?
I'm facing the same situation my self, and would love to see some working configs betweeen Catalyst switches.
All examples I have found involves Nexus switches, which I don't have.

Thank you

Official answer we received from Cisco was that at this time the 9k is not supported in the Spine function. We have put in a feature request for this role and are awaiting and *hoping* for support in a future release. If you put in a feature request as well this may help...;)

Regards,

Aaron

Thank you for your answer.
So it's not possible to set up between 2 Catalyst switches?

Not according to the last conversation we had with the BU about a month and a half ago.

Rijo Joseph
Level 1
Level 1

i have configured vxlan between two catalyst 9300 acting as leaf switch.

it works.

Very nice!

Would you mind sharing your config on those two switches?

Thanks

@dal wrote:

Very nice!

Would you mind sharing your config on those two switches?

Thanks

Please find attached the config of one device the second is also similar,

Please let me know if you still have issues

This config is not have multicast, its work?

the config is working based on ingress replication and not with multicast, 

please mark helpful if it helped.

Here also attached tested configs for 2 leaf switches.

My goal was just to do a POC for extending the VLAN across an IP network using EVPN on C9500.

The switches are directly connected but you can easily amend the BGP for multihop.

I hope that helps.

Glad to help

regards,

Hi,

I just wanted to know about 10.0.41.1 and 10.0.41.252 IPs in your configs configured as BGP neighbor IPs. Are these the layer-3 interfaces connecting both the switches?

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco