cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hi, I have a Catalyst 6500 with X6K-SUP2-2ge, the IOS and bootlader image been wiped out, it starts in ROMmon SP mod end can't switch to RP to start download the IOS using Xmodem, though it shouldn't work in ROMmon SP omde but the xmodem is not gving the

ammar_alousi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a Catalyst 6500 with X6K-SUP2-2ge, the IOS and bootlader image been wiped out, it starts in ROMmon SP modw and I can't switch to RP to start download the IOS using Xmodem, though Xmodem shouldn't work in ROMmon SP mode but the it's not gving the

not executable message, the slot0: and disk0: are not accessable can't see the files inside, when I try the dir slot0: or dir disk0: it says it can't be opened and when I try to boot from them there's noting as well, what can I do to load an IOS image to the booflash: or slot0: ,each time I load the image using Xmodem at the end it gives me *** System received a Software forced crash ***

signal=0x17, code=0x5, context=0x0

When I run the command:

rommom1> boot bootflash:

boot: cannot determine first file name on deice "bootflash:"

rommon2> boot slot0:

boot: cannot open "slot0:"

boot: cannot dtermine first file name on device "slot0:"

BTW  System Bootstrap, version 7.1

I''m looking to format the PCMCIA using a PC and format it to FAT16 and copy the boot image into it and then try to load from the PCMCIA afterward if it works I'll format it using the Supervisor engine 2.

Any one have another new idea I can use, thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

Michael Simon
Level 1
Level 1

This is a potentially complex issue.

Is this SUP configured to run as IOS native or CatOS Hybrid?

While in ROMMON can you do the 'dev' command and see whad drives are recognized. Then 'dir' the drives that the SUP recognizes.

Can you provide the screen captures as it boots?

You would be bette served by hacing a TAC case.

Thanks Micheal I got this problem solved by getting another PCMCIA card formatted and with the IOS and bootldr image on it, so I was able to read files from the slot0: in ROMmon and boot from there, once it's booted I copied the and backed up the IOS and bootldr image to and from tftp,

Ammar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco