Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HOW DELETE VLAN

Hi all i can't delete a vlan. I access in global configuration mode I launch no vlan 2 but when I run show vlan I see vlan 2 down but it is not deleted. I then tried to access the database and the message appears: "" "% Warning: It is advisable to configure the VLAN from config mode,
as the VLAN database mode is deprecated. Please consult the user
documentation for configuring VTP / VLAN in configuration mode. "" ". I have two vlan configure I just want to bring up vlan 1 how can I do?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks like you have too old firmware of IOS, Hope fully this is not in VTP Domain ?

enable

vlan database

!

no vlan 2

!

apply

!

exit

still not working, post show version, show vtp status

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Vlans are stored in file called Vlan.dat on the flash.  you can delete that file from flash to get rid of all but vlan 1.  But I would switch to VTP mode transparent first, then your vlan should appear in running config - Unless VTP mode is transparent, your vlans will not appear in running config. Try delete vlan 2 from running config with no vlan 2. if that does not work, try method listed by BB. if still, does not work, delete vlan.dat from flash and reboot switch.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks like you have too old firmware of IOS, Hope fully this is not in VTP Domain ?

enable

vlan database

!

no vlan 2

!

apply

!

exit

still not working, post show version, show vtp status

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

thanks I was fine at the first try

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Vlans are stored in file called Vlan.dat on the flash.  you can delete that file from flash to get rid of all but vlan 1.  But I would switch to VTP mode transparent first, then your vlan should appear in running config - Unless VTP mode is transparent, your vlans will not appear in running config. Try delete vlan 2 from running config with no vlan 2. if that does not work, try method listed by BB. if still, does not work, delete vlan.dat from flash and reboot switch.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **