cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to display assigned DHCP options on a windows client?

hakan.topcu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

does anyone know, if there is a possibility to display or verify the DHCP options parameter, that a Windows XP client got assigned by its DHCP Server?

I don't mean the default parameters like gateway, nameserver, etc. (ipconfig /all), but the more specific parameters, like NTP, SLP or Novell Server parameters, etc.

I don't want to use a network traffic analyzer (Wireshark, etc.) to trace DHCP packets, but it would be good, to use a default Windows XP function or application, e.g. a CMD command.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

Hakan

2 Replies 2

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I think you should see what the client is requesting in the registry hive but it is to be confirmed.

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

We use option templates on our DHCP Server, and I'm looking for a possibility to check "at the client side" (without looking at the server), if it has gotten the proper template, and the proper values.

In the registry, I can find the options under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Dhcp\Parameters\Options" but I can't find the values assigned by the DHCP server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco