cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to drop a subscriber session by the username (PPPoE) | ASR 9010

emer-nmf
Level 1
Level 1

I'm facing some problem with the client authentication, it is creating duplicate connections with the same login, as the exemple below:

Username                Interface                          State             Subscriber IP Addr / PrefixLNS Address (Vrf)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

joe3456                BE30.2000.pppoe453           AC                    192.168.0.1 (default)

joe3456                BE30.2000.pppoe567           AC                    192.168.0.2 (default)

I've already learnt how to drop/stop a subscriber session by using the command clear subscriber session identifier interface <interface pppoe>, but it didn't solve my problem since it doesn't stop all the connections.

I think the only way to solve my duplicate connections is: every time a user needs to connect, the script should remove all the previous PPPoE sessions with its username, so then create the new one. To do it, I need a command that stop a connection by the username, not by the interface.

OBS: I use a radius server and my keepalive is set to send a message every 60 seconds until it completes 3 messages.

Thank you

3 Replies 3

pieterh
VIP
VIP

clear subscriber session { all | debug { subscriber-label } | identifier { access-interface interface-type interface-instance | interface interface-type interface-instance } } [ location node-id]

you could try if the "identifier  access-interface interface-type interface-instance" variant of this command can clear all pppoe sessions for this specific user?

Thanks for the reply, but the command didn't work. It cleans only the interface, not the user's connections. 

from your explanation i can see you have an issue with multiple pppoe session for same user , if yes , you can limit the pppoe session for a user to create one pppoe connection at that time you can clear the session with interface without any issue 

BR