cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to find Cisco ACS serial number

andre.harasim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, quick question, how can I find Cisco ACS serial number on my existing ACS (application)? Customer asked me because the product should be updated but I don't know where to find this information and I also don't know where I put the paperwork in the past as I installed to ACS.

Thanks in advance,

André Harasim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi guys, quick question, how can I find Cisco ACS serial number on my existing ACS (application)? Customer asked me because the product should be updated but I don't know where to find this information and I also don't know where I put the paperwork in the past as I installed to ACS.

Thanks in advance,

André Harasim

Hi Andre,

If it is ACS appliance then serial number sticker will be on the top floor of the ACS box you need to check physically for confirmation of tha serial number.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Thanks in advance,

André Harasim

Hi Andre,

If it is ACS appliance then serial number sticker will be on the top floor of the ACS box you need to check physically for confirmation of tha serial number.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Hi Ganesh

What if you are using a CD installation on windows? Is it possible to get the serial number from the software?

Regards

Kentse

Hi Ganesh

What if you are using a CD installation on windows? Is it possible to get the serial number from the software?

Regards

Kentse

Hi kentse,

Serial number will be seen in Appliance ACS that is hardware and with CD you can have only software version of ACS like OS 3.2 ,4.1 or 4.1 etc.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Hi Ganesh

Thanks for your reply,

Interestigly I called cisco TAC and they said that I should provide them a serial number before they could open a case!

Regards

K

Hi Ganesh

Thanks for your reply,

Interestigly I called cisco TAC and they said that I should provide them a serial number before they could open a case!

Regards

K

No serial number for what acs appliance or something else !!

Ganesh.H

Hi Ganesh

In any case the reason for the TAC case was because I cannot seem to get group information from windows AD using  LDAP and I saw one of the posts that suggested that the number gorups may cause this. i have less than 20 groups, and tried different tree directories- just specifiying the O and also specify the particular OU, but I still get the error msg saying cannot connect to the LDAP server.

My work aroud is to use microsoft group mappings instead. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Reagrds

K

pablo1711
Level 1
Level 1

Under ACS 5.1 you can ssh to the box and enter the command:

Show inventory

This will give you the serial number etc

Paul

Using SSH v1, I can get access to the ACS SE, but I only have the following commands:

Command                  Description
----------------------------------------------------
?                    List commands
exit                 Log off
help                 List commands
csdbsync -syncnow    RDBMS synchronization

Any suggestions?  Thanks, Tim

Do you know which version of ACS you are using?

Paul

I am having the same issue. Trying to find the serial number for an ACS appliance that is remote.

I am running 5.0.0.21 and there is no 'show inventory' command.

'show ver' does not show the serial # either.

How can I find the serial # for this appliance if it's remote? Even 'show tech' does not show it that I see anyway.

D2ACSA07A1/admin# show inventory

^

% invalid command detected at '^' marker.

D2ACSA07A1/admin#

Thanks.

Same problem.  Running an ACS appliance with ver 4.2, and it's in a remote datacenter.  I'm trying to open a TAC case for configuration support, and even though I have the correct contract number, TAC still won't open a case without the serial number.  Help finding it would be appreciated!

This worked!

franciscoarache
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to find the serial for the software version of the ACS, TAC won't open a case without it.

Anyone has any idea how to get it?

I know this is an old post, but just fyi. Show UDI will reveal the serial number under version 5.0

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco