Views
Helpful
Replies

How to place a cisco ASA 5505.

Bienvenu Ngala
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am in new to this wonderfull world of cisco, I am building my home lab I have got 2 routers 2800 series, 1 ASA 5505 and two switches.

My ISP allocated me a range of 5 public ip addresses.

My question is this: how can I configure my network so that the firewall facing the internet with NAT overload, will be directly connected  to the the router fa 0/0 and the fa0/1  will be connected to the switch. I do not know if my explaination does making sense.

I want my internet connection to pass through the asa firewall, then through the cisco router and finally all the rest on the LAN will access the internet by connecting to the switch. But I do not want my firewall to be directly connect to the switch.

How to procceed designing this network. Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

shillings
Level 4
Level 4

What is the point of the router then, as the ASA is doing the NAT? Why not connect straight from ASA inside to one of the switches?

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

shillings
Level 4
Level 4

What is the point of the router then, as the ASA is doing the NAT? Why not connect straight from ASA inside to one of the switches?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco