cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to solve if there are no username and password but in line console 0 the command is set to login local

coder_kamrul
Level 1
Level 1

I face a problem with cisco router while practicing. In line console 0 I set "login local" and then delete my username and password. Then I exit from router and it prompts me username and password. But I deleted the username and password and I think there is no way to access the router. Is this a cisco router's bug or something else ? I want to know how to get rid of this problem without erasing or resetting nvram. Thanks.

2 Replies 2

David Castro F.
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello Coder,

Normally if you set up a AAA line, you may specify besides the Local authentication another AAA method,  or even enable password in case that the primary authentication fails,

aaa authentication login default local enable

if you dont have user, you may try with the default credentials: cisco/cisco, or access it though console as a last option. if that does not work you will need to do a password recovery on this router, hope it works for you!

Please proceed to rate and mark as correct the helpful posts! keep me posted if something comes up!

Regards,

David Castro,

LJ Gabrillo
Level 5
Level 5

You are completely locked out in accessing that and there's no workaround to that, you have to execute password recovery on the device

See link for guide: LINK