cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to test QoS?

iantra123
Level 3
Level 3

Is there any solution to test that an implemented QoS (priority,..) works fine after configuration?

For example: my boss want to see if the QoS implemented in my border router works fine. But he don't know how to read packet sniffer like wireshark, Ethereal.

Best regards

4 Replies 4

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

have a look at the following document which contains some QOS concepts and show commands that

might help you

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8373

good luck

if helpful Rate

How about QPM?

I have not ever used it.

This link is dead.

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

iantra123 wrote:

Is there any solution to test that an implemented QoS (priority,..) works fine after configuration?

For example: my boss want to see if the QoS implemented in my border router works fine. But he don't know how to read packet sniffer like wireshark, Ethereal.

Best regards

In addition to Marwan's excellent link, it depends what you mean by testing.

If you want to show your boss that packets are being marked etc. then the doc has commands to show you that. But the real test of QOS is whether or not you are getting the service you expected for the different types of traffic you are marking. Is there some issue with the speed/throughput of your traffic ?

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco