cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to verify and change the timer of IS-IS?

teru-lei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I had tried to find document but I can not find the answer. Does any body know the IS-IS timer in Cisco router and Can I change it? So far I just can find command to change the IS-IS interface metric.

Best Regards

Teru Lei

3 Replies 3

bbranch
Level 3
Level 3

The timers are:

Hello - 10 seconds - changed via isis hello-interval command

Hold Time - 30 seconds (3 x Hello Interval) - changed via isis hello-multiplier command

LSP Retransmission timer - 5 secinds - changed via isis retransmisit-interval command

CSNP timer - 10 seconds - changed via isis csnp-inteval command

The IS-IS Max Age is 20 minutes

LSP refresh interval is 15 minutes

Zero Age timer is 60 seconds

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. May I ask you one more question? Do the timer change in different type interface? or the timer do not change? If the timer do not change, why a point-to-point interface can not form neighbor with a multipoint interface? Thank You!

Best Regards

Teru Lei

Two different types of Hello are used in ISIS, Point to Point Hello's and LAN (or Broadcast) Hello's (and the LAN Hello's are subdivided into two more types- Level-1 and Level-2).

Neighbors are requires to use the same type of Hello's. A Multipoint interface will use a LAN (or Broadcast) Hello and a Point to Point interface will use a Point to Point Hello, in this case no neighbor relashonship will be formed as there is a Hello type mismatch.