cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HSRP MIB entries are still present after suppression of HSRP group.

krahmani323
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

Can someone advice me on a HSRP status from a supervision station :

If we delete a HSRP configuration on a device, the related enties are not accordingly suppressed in the MIB. The consequence is the presence of alarms on the supervision station although we poll the device or either a new device discovery in the supervision station database.

Does some command exists in order to clear these status entries (rebooting the device does clear the entries but reboto not acceptable) ?

Example :

Unconfiguration of HSRP 38.1 index, then :

sxanhm03:/root #grep cisco.ciscoMgmt.ciscoHsrpMIB.ciscoHsrpMIBObjects.cHsrpGroup.cHsrpGrpTable.cHsrpGrpEntry /tmp/cisco.mib | grep 38.1

-------------------

cisco.ciscoMgmt.ciscoHsrpMIB.ciscoHsrpMIBObjects.cHsrpGroup.cHsrpGrpTable.cHsrpGrpEntry.cHsrpGrpPriority.38.1 : Unsigned32: 100

cisco.ciscoMgmt.ciscoHsrpMIB.ciscoHsrpMIBObjects.cHsrpGroup.cHsrpGrpTable.cHsrpGrpEntry.cHsrpGrpPreempt.38.1 : INTEGER: false

//

cisco.ciscoMgmt.ciscoHsrpMIB.ciscoHsrpMIBObjects.cHsrpGroup.cHsrpGrpTable.cHsrpGrpEntry.cHsrpGrpActiveRouter.38.1 : IpAddress:x.x.x.x

//

etc ....

-------------------

My customer specifies me it seems to be also the case with vrf configuration where MIB entries are still there after suppression . More generally, the behaviour is noticed when dynamic entries are created in the MIB, then suppressed there are still present.

Could it be a bug ?Has someone ever meet this issue ?

Issue noticed on Cisco6506 / s72033-advipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF5.bin

Thanks a lot for your feedbacks or advices on it.

Regards.

Karim

2 Replies 2

Hi Karim,

Generally after deleting any config, pollers still generate the alarms as previosly reported trap differs from the current one.

You need to re-scan the device in your pollers so that it becomes aware that config on router is changed.

Regards,

Smitesh

Hello Smitesh,

Thanks a lot for your answer, but as specified although we poll again the device or either we perform a new device discovery in the  supervision station database, the alarms are still present.

I have opened a TAC Case for that.

Anyway thanks for your answer.

regards.

Karim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco