cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HWIC-2FE fails to pass ping packets greater than 449 in slots 0,1 on 3845

ckilday
Level 1
Level 1

When we install an HWIC-2FE card in slot 0 or slot 1 of a 3845, the interface fails to pass any ping packet greater in size than 449 bytes.  It works fine up until that limit is reached, but then fails completely on a larger size packet.  If we move to slot 3 or slot 4 on the 3845, the card works just fine!  I have looked through the cisco official bug tracker for HWIC-2FE, but could not find a similar symptom listed.  We're running advanced ip services 12.4(24)T7 code on the routers.  We're wondering if anyone else has encountered similar problems and may know if there's a software fix or if this is a platform problem with the 3800 series.  Thank you for your time.

3 Replies 3

Tagir Temirgaliyev
Spotlight
Spotlight

I had the same problem.

failed pings with packets greater than 449 byte from 2911 router to provider edge alcatel switch.

provider changed switch and now it wokrs.

I'd be tempted to accept your response, but it doesn't explain why the card works when moved to another slot, without making any other changes.  My impression is there's some kind of hardware/asic problem with those slots in the 3845.

of course it is hardware problem