cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hybrid to Native & Native to Hybrid conversion on Cat6K's

vcato
Level 1
Level 1

I've read in the documentation that it is not recommended that one convert C6K sups from hybrid to native or native to hybrid more than once. Can anyone tell me how much validity there is to this statement, and explain the risks? I have two sup2's with MSFC2/PFC2 that I am currently using to evaluate the potential position of native IOS in our environment, and I will need to make the change at least once, maybe twice.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

donewald
Level 6
Level 6

I believe that the recommendation is geared towards the fact that many customers have RMA'd equipment due to conversions gone bad, due to the number of steps and the nature of the conversion, rather than an issue with the HW. I have worked on serveral Cats that have been converted from Hybrid to Native and back hundreds of times.

Hope this helps,

Don

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

donewald
Level 6
Level 6

I believe that the recommendation is geared towards the fact that many customers have RMA'd equipment due to conversions gone bad, due to the number of steps and the nature of the conversion, rather than an issue with the HW. I have worked on serveral Cats that have been converted from Hybrid to Native and back hundreds of times.

Hope this helps,

Don

That's what I was hoping (expecting) to hear. Thanks for the input...