Views
Helpful
Replies

I gotta Problem.

a.ford
Level 1
Level 1

Problem:

I just purchased a 4500 router (no problem there). However, somebody put 2600 IOS in the flash.

Another Problem:

The router has a password set so I can't even boot from ROM, which has the correct IOS (4500). In other words I can't go into enable mode.

One problem stops the other.

Any suggestions "ANYBODY"

Shug

38 Replies 38

This does good, but it says the device is in read only mode:

Router(boot)#copy tftp flash

ERR: Device in READ-ONLY state

Router(boot)#

Not applicable

Hi what your trying is the possibly the wrong step someone told you how to get in to the router you need to take control of the router before you start making the changes you want in other words change the password exit out than go change the IOS

you have 2 options

1. get another flash simm with a 4500 image on it and put it in the bank 0

2. reboot the router break in get in to rommon and xmodem an image in to it for a 4500 .

Thats my last resort. Looks like the only way out.

Thanks to all!!!

"confreg configuration register utility" is the one that you want to use. Please follow my posting yesterday (from vincent-n). If you have any problem you can email me direct to vincentn@mediamonitors.com.au

if it says that flash in read only mode, it looks like someone has not only installed the wrong flash image, but also installed some non supported flash simms

I purchased the router off ebay. The person I got it from sent me the correct simm's, of which I replaced and the router came up with no problem.

Thanks to all for your help.

glad to hear I could be of any help, and it solved your problem

thanx for feedback and rating ;-)))

Both were the problem. wrong image (I knew), and wrong simm's (I didn't know). Seems to be working fine.

Thanks again