cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installation of Nexus 1000v 4.2.1.SV2.1.1 - Operation timed out.

mtrcek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are trying to install the latest version of Nexus 1000v to ESXi5.1 and the installer application is much better than the previos one, but we are having problems with implemetation, because deploying of OVA file times out.

First attempt: Nexus-1 was successfully deployed on ESXi-1, but Nexus-2 which should be deployed on ESXi-2 returned an error: "Deploy OVF template":"Operation timed out."

Second attempt: Deploying of Nexus-1 returned the same error

Third attempt: The same as the first attempt.

It looks like that there is a time limit which is used for deploying OVA file and since file needs to be uploaded to ESXi it takes too long, so the installation fails. Is it possible to extend this time?

BR,  M.

3 Replies 3

mtrcek
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, we've made it with faster network, but with slow network it could be the problem...

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mtrcek,

The fact that it  gets to the 'Deploy OVF Template' step and then fails still points to one of two possible things:

1. DNS

2. Storage

1. DNS - When you say you put entries in hosts files it tells me you are looking at the DNS on the VC or ESX hosts. What you need to check is the DNS on the vShield Manager. DNS servers need to be configured on the vShield Manager, also a good way to test is to log in to the CLI of the vShield Manager and from there ping by hostname the VC and the ESX servers.

2. Storage - make sure there is enough space on the datastore where you are deploying the vShield Zones firewall and make sure there are no latency/slowness when writing to the disk. A quick test is to install the vShield Zones firewall on local disk, just to rule out the shared storage being the issue. Of course, this is not the recommended installation location and I would strongly suggest to uninstall and then re-install on shared storage once the issue is fixed (Assuming there are issues with shared storage).

ne more thing I noticed from the screenshot is that you have not applied the license keys for vShield App and vShield Edge. I mention this because you say your test plan requires Edge and most likely vShield App (not the free version: Zones). You will need to apply the license keys in order to be able to deploy Edge.

Please check DNS/Storage.

orrrrrrrrrrrrrr

vShield Data Security Installation Fails

Problem

During vShield Data Security installation, I get an error while installing the service virtual machine and an

error message on vSphere client.

NAME=deploy OVF template Target=VMWARE-Data Security-xxxx

Status=operation timed out

Cause

The DNS setup for vShield Manager may not be consistent with the DNS setup for the host in vCenter Server.

Solution

Change the vShield Manager DNS setup so that it matches the host setup.

Regards

please rate if it helps.

Well, we've solve our problem with installation on local disks. There is a problem with installation on our storage. I didn't try to install to another storage, so I can't tell if this is the problem with our storage or is the problem in general.

BR,  Marko

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: