cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inter-autonomous with Inter vrf any one?

Atheos
Level 1
Level 1

To any one in the Community,

Hello from an enthusiast & Network Administrator. I am currently working on a simulation for an Inter-Autonomous MPLS-VPN (ASBR1-AS#100 & ASBR2-AS#200) with the two VRFs, CE1A, CE2B(AS-100) & CE2A, CE1B(AS-200), CE1A&B with rd 1:1 & CE2A&B with rd 1:2. Using Inter Autonomous Option A on my simulation. I was able to connect CE2B with CE2A & CE1B. I am using route-targets to make the connections on PE1 & PE2. I have the following configurations for the PE's VRFs:

PE1: (AS-100)

ip vrf CE1

rd 1:1

route-target both 1:1

route-target export 1:3

ip vrf CE2

rd 1:2

route-target both 1:2

route-target both 1:3

PE2: AS-200

ip vrf CE1

rd 1:1

route-target both 1:1

route-target both 1:3

ip vrf CE2

rd 1:2

route-target both 1:2

route-target import 1:3

To make the route-targets work as they should (connect CE2B on AS-100 with CE2A & CE1B on AS-200) I configured all the route distinguishers &  all route-targets for VRFs CE1 & CE2 on ASBR1 & ASBR2 routers. It worked, except that the CEs are showing routes that does not have any connection on their Routing Table. Is there any configuration or protocol I need to add to make the unnecessary routes dissappear from the CEs Routing Table?

Sincerely,

The Enthusiast

2 Replies 2

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, 

I didn't get your question properly. 

Route leak in interVrf you need to use BGP and the same BGP will redistribute in the routing table. 

https://networklessons.com/cisco/ccie-routing-switching-written/vrf-lite-route-leaking/

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Sir,

Thank you for your reply. I already have BGP on my MPLS VPN & successfully leaked the routes but I was not able to filter some of the prefixes using route-targets. The solution that I was able to come up with this topology was to have route-maps employed to limit the incoming prefixes to CE1 & CE2.

Sincerely,

The Enthusiast