Views
Helpful
Replies

intervlan routing

sonny_spoon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi;

having a slight problem here. i want to separate one group of users from the rest of my network, they only need access one one specific application at one specific address. Here is the setup.......I have a 2950 that I'm using as well as a cluster of 3750's. Note this is still in the testing phase, but the 3750 is a production switch, so i can't really be practicing too much on it during the day. i decided to add an additional vlan to put the remote users on, the 2950 is connected to the cluster as a trunk port " switchport trunk allowed vlan 1-5,1002-1005"...the best i got it was to be able to ping and terminal serve using numeric addrs. If i tried to use dns it was unable to find the network path....any ideas out there would be greatly appr.thanks Sonny

2 Replies 2

aebright
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sonny,

Sounds like the stations have a problem reaching the dns server. Have you tried pinging the dns server using the numeric address? If you can't, you need to make sure you can reach the dns server from the default gateway that the stations are using.

Regards,

Aeisha

When you created the new vlan you also created a new ip network on a router (I hope). Make sure you advertise that network to the rest of your routers so they can reach that network.