cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS Command Question

Brian Heffner
Level 1
Level 1

Here is my situation. I have a couple hundred switches. Want to preform the following command:

show run | redirect tftp://xxx.xx.xx.xx/configs/hostname.cfg

Is there a way to have the switch automatically input the "hostname" into this command or will I have to manually enter it for each switch that I want to do this on?

Brian

2 Replies 2

Hi Brian,

there is EEM and TCL scripting that can really help for this. Of course you need to write a script, testing it and deploying it before automising any action. I am sure you know Ivan Papelnijak and his expertise...

http://wiki.nil.com/Main_Page

His website (his company's) is a very good start point to start understanding practically how to implement these scripts

Alessio

nkarthikeyan
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Brian,

You can do that with the VBScript as well... If anyone knows VB scripts you can ask them to do a script for you to get this done.  Idea is you should have the list of network devices (IP address list) mentioned in one notepad. VB script which links the putty.exe or some other application which you use  and you should mention the file name where it has to store. You may also include your user credentials for making this work.

Am not much expertise in writing the script... But this is the scenario.

By

Karthik

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: