Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS download access

luke.brain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a 877W router and a ASA5505 firewall. If I purchase a Smartnet contract for 877W router, I take it this give me access to download newer IOS for router?

Does it also give me access to ASA5505 downloads? Or do I have to purchase a seperate Smartnet for it to access ASA downloads?

I assume that the contracts are only for 12mths?

thanks in advance,

Luke

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You are correct.  The SmartNet will only cover what you paid for.  If you have a SmartNet to the router, then that's what you can download. 

Thanks.

If I purchase Smartnet for 877, would it include access to downloads for a 1841 router for example?

Is it model specific?

If that's the case, is there a Smartnet you can purchase, for all Routers/Switches/ASA's etc ? This is what I would prefer.

TIA

Luke, you got it right. You need but smartnet for each device. You can buy smartnet thru Cisco certified partner. So reachout to partners (preferably Gold) near to you and get the price /quotes for the cisco hardware you own.

hth

MS

If I purchase Smartnet for 877, would it include access to downloads for a 1841 router for example?

If you have SmartNet for the 877 then you can only download the IOS for the 870 router.  Cisco has enabled strict enforcement on this and your login won't allow you to download the IOS for the 1840 based on your Service Contract attached.

By the way, MAKE SURE you constantly verify the Service Contract attached to your CCO login.  We are experiencing "issues" with our old Cisco authorized dealer whereby some of our Service Contract were not attached to our individual login even though we've been paying for it for years.