Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phone deployment

jsantiago
Level 1
Level 1

Hi:

I want to deploy a few cisco ip phones on the company but don't know how or where to start. Thanks

2 Replies 2

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

Can you tell how many IP phones you plan to deploy? are you going to deploy this across a wan? Do you have remote sites also where you ll be deploying phones? All these will determine, how many callmanagers you need for your network. Bandwidth is another consideration that needs to be taken care of while integrating voice with your existing data network. Hopefully if you can provide these details, we can start from there..

Also if you dont have that many phones, a very costeffective solution would be the IP Key switch feature available in IOS version 12.1(5)YD. It supports upto 48 IP phones.

Hope that helps

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks for answering.

The total of phones to be deploy will be 120. All my remote sites connect via a wireless connection of 11Mbps all directing to my site. Only two sites connect by dedicated 512k. Whats the IP Key switch?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: