cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is possible change administrative distance?

brillanmela1
Level 1
Level 1

Is possible change administrative distance?

I like change administrative distance of 0 to 10 of local route

6 Replies 6

Luke Oxley
Level 1
Level 1
brillanmela1,

What exactly do you mean by a local route? If you are speaking about a normal route static route then you can specify the distance metric at the end of the route command - depending on the syntax of your platform IOS/ASA. In the below example, the number ten at the end of the command specifies the distance metric.
ip route 10.10.0.0 255.255.0.0 192.168.1.254 10
I hope that can be of some help to you, please do let me know if not.

Thanks,

Luke

Please rate helpful posts and mark correct answers.

The AD for connected routes is 0.  Is that what you mean by "local route"?

I don't think there's a way to change the AD for connected routes.  But, since AD is a way to characterize the reliability of a source of routing information and I can't imagine any more reliable way of getting routing information than that the route is actually connected to the local router, I'm not sure why you'd want to change the AD of a connected route.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/border-gateway-protocol-bgp/15986-admin-distance.html

HTH, MM

Micheline_Murphy,
Great answer, my thoughts exactly. I think we need to ascertain what he means by "local route". I too made the assumption that he was referring to a connected route, but also thought he was asking how to change the distance of a static.
We shall await a reply from Mr. brillanmela1 I suppose :-)
Thanks,
Luke

Luke Oxley
Level 1
Level 1
brillanmela1,

As per our conversation, have you managed to achieve what you needed? I look forward to hearing back.

Kind regards,
Luke

Hi Luke,

thanks for the response!

what I mean by local route is exactly what you guys mentioned "The AD for connected routes is 0"

I'm not success to manage it. I'll check my requirement again to see if I can achieve it through other ways

thanks!

brillanmela1,

I did assume this would be the case. Depending on your platform and specific requirements, you should be able to use a route map to create policy based routing. As I say however - this very much depends on what you need to achieve.

Kind regards,
Luke

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: