Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN switch-type

samerhj
Level 1
Level 1

I have the following case:

I want to configure NM-1CE1T1-PRI to accept dial in calls. The Isdn switch is Northern Telecom Option 81C. I tried net5 and 5ess but no luck. any ideas might help

3 Replies 3

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

Are you E1 or T1? Do you have your controller set up correctly, and the timeslots identified correctly?

In case you do not have it, the guide for your card contains details abot how to set up the controller:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5187/products_feature_guide09186a00801af22a.html

Kevin Dorrell

Luxe;bourg

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

The PBX could e configured with a variety of signaling. Being a Nortel switch, I believe it usually defaults to DMS100.

There may other issues (which is configured as the "network" side, enabled "features," and other settings).

We had problems getting an AS5300 set up with our Nortel PBX last year because of some feature codes that were not communicated through the PRI we pulled.

Ultimately, we ended up putting an Adtran Atlas between the two to translate and handle the DCE / DTE issues.

Much will depend on what version of code your PBX is running, and which features are enabled.

Good Luck

Scott

Good Day

The problem is that it is the first time for the service provider to configure his PABX to generate PRI. He is asking for the specific details that must be configured on the PABX. I tried several switching type but no luck.