Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR 1100 reverse telnet

syndgr
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

The ISR 1100 doesn't have an AUX port but from what I can tell, you can utilise the Console port to provide the functionality normally associated with the traditional AUX port.

Is it possible to configure reverse telnet on an ISR 1100? I've tried but without any success. For example:

int lo0
 ip address 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.255
!
line con 0
 no exec
 modem InOut
 trans in telnet
 trans out none

The LED on the console port changes from Green to Amber as expected but nothing listens on TCP/2000 ("sh ip socket" confirms this). I just get a "connection refused". 

I can't find anything specific to the ISR 1100 or 1000 or even 4000 series with regards to reverse telnet. Is it possible? Am I missing something?

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check if these guidelines can be useful :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/1100/software/configuration/xe-16-7/cisco_1100_series_swcfg_xe_16_7_x/cisco_1100_series_swcfg_chapter_0110.html#task_hrk_s4r_xy

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thanks. I had came across that yesterday and even though I'm not using a modem, I did try this configuration but the router still isn't listening on TCP/2000, TCP/2001 etc. Not sure if it needs to detect a serial signal before it'll start the reverse telnet server. I'll try again today and if I still don't have any luck I'll try TAC.

- Ok, make sure to use fairly recent and or advisory software release on the ISR too.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

>>> 

ip address 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.255 <<<

is this a isolated lab environment ?
though 1.1.1.1 etc are frequently used in examples, it is not wise to use 1.1.1.1 etc in a life network
similar for other frequently used example adresses (2.2.2.2, 3.3.3.3 etc)

look at this link What is 1.1.1.1? | Cloudflare,  => 1.1.1.1 is a public DNS resolver operated by Cloudflare 
you can imagine how the real 1.1.1.1 will react on your attempts to connect the management interface  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: