Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues racking 9000 series switches in cabinets

Hassaan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am reaching out to the community to see if anyone has encountered the same issue as me.

We have recently purchased 9500, 9300 and 9200 model switches but when I install them in the rack the standard front mounting ears that come with the switch don't seem to provide enough support for the weight of these switches and it immediately starts hanging downwards, which is rather disconcerting.

The switches were not supplied with rear mounting rails which would prevent this from happening.

I am using normal cage nuts/screws.

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue?

Should rear mounting rails be supplied by default with the switches?

I may have to look into spending a significant amount of extra money to buy these rails which is disappointing. I would expect to be supplied with switches that would go into the racks easily.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hassaan
Level 1
Level 1
Never mind the above. I just double checked through the documentation for switch installation and it says the rear mounting brackets are optional extra which we would have to pay for.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hassaan
Level 1
Level 1
Never mind the above. I just double checked through the documentation for switch installation and it says the rear mounting brackets are optional extra which we would have to pay for.

Yes, if you need an extra rear mounting brackets you need to pay it.

Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: