cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

L3 QoS across wireless backhaul

timothy.korn
Level 1
Level 1

I recently had to extend my corporate network across the street to a new office we rented.  During testing I noticed choppy VoIP calls  Our only real option was to connect them via a set of wireless bridges so that's what we did. 

I'm trying to setup QoS so that VoIP traffic isn't choppy during their massive file transfers.  We're using Nortel phones so they don't really work the best with Cisco's normal auto-qos setup, and I'm not sure I really need L2 QoS anyways since it's only a single switch and across the L3 link is where I really need it anyways.  If I could just prioritize entire VoIP subnet as it goes out the L3 interface to the wireless bridge, I think that would be good?  I'm not quite sure how to set this up.  Any reccomendations? 

I attached a visio with port configs so you can how the network is setup.  Ask away if you need more info. 

1 Reply 1

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Shape both sides to be less than available wireless bandwidth and use QoS to prioritize the VoIP.