Views
Helpful
Replies

Learning Center Lab

a.barriga
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have an existing LAN and a DHCP sever with IP address of 192.168.x.x. Recently we open a Learning Center Lab and it needs to be on a separate network with his own switch and a server with a clients. I need to configure also the server as a DHCP server with an ip of 10.10.x.x. However there are clients from my existing LAN (192.168.70.x) needs to access the Learning CEnter Lab. I cant cross connect the two switches cause they both have a DHCP server connected to each switch. What will i do to make this happen that the clients from my existing LAN can connect to the Learning center Lab?

* Do i have to put router on the middle of the two switches?

Thanks,

A.Barriga

2 Replies 2

Hello,

if you cannot add secondary addresses to your clients, you would indeed need a Layer 3 (router or L3 switch) device in order for both networks to communicate. Once you have that, you can either configure inter-VLAN routing, or you can just add a secondary address to the (Fast)Ethernet interface of that device.

HTH,

GP

Okay, thanks for the reply. I have a 2600 router here and it only have 1 LAN interface on it. Do i need 2 LAN interface on the router?

And also do you have any sample config for the router so that these both networks can communicate?

thanks a lot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: