cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Leased Line Trafic manipulation

miskinmohiuddin
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently installed a Cisco 1721 router for 512 kbps internet leased line. I want to install another internet leased line (64kbps)on the same router, but dont want the traffic from s0 to s1 or vice versa. I mean i want the traffic to remain seperate from each other.

Could anyone give me the required conf or access list statement.

Thanks and with regards,

Miskin Mohiuddin.

3 Replies 3

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

The requirement is no t very clear. Could you please provide some more input? Here are someconfiguration examples for access-lists:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fipr_c/ipcprt1/1cfip.htm

sounds like you are trying to avoid becoming a transit area where traffic would come in one internet link and go out the other. this will not happen if you dont advertise anything but your own ip addresses. if you advertise what you learn from one link out the other then sites will think you can get them to those destinations. its not enough just to block the traffic when it gets to you because they will still tie up your link trying to reach the destinations you are advertising. Usually on small links like this you dont advertise anything, the isp handles that for you, so there should not be a problem.

r.majo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, my name is Roger.

I suppose that you have a public range of addresses for internet access and a ip wan.

You have to define another NAT for this second serial interface and another pool.

To disgregate the LAN traffic you have to use an access-list to a range of private users. Put this access-list into a ROUTE-MAP and inside it use the command: set ip next-hope to enroute the traffic to this second interface.

Then apply this route map to the ethernet interface using the comand:

ip policy route-map [name].

You can communicate to may email:

roger.majo@t-empresas.com.pe

Best regards