cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Linksys srw2048 unable to update firmware via xmodem (using hyperterm)

jdhendrickson
Level 1
Level 1

I have three srw2048 series switches at my new job. One updated fine via the web interface the other two (after I found a windows machine to use the web interface) looked as though they were uploading the new file but after a reboot I was still on the old verison. So I broke out the console cable. What I have done is to Download Software to the switch (option 1) this kicks me over into xmodem. Once I am in xmodem I choose to send a file (the latest rom) using the 1K Xmodem protocol it immediately gives me retries and errors until it reaches a threshold that ends the session. During this whole process zero k is transferred.

Boot Version 1.0.0.04

Software Version 1.0.0.49

Hardware Version 00.03.10

The only thing I can think is that I must need older files to upgrade to an intermediary version before loading the latest 1.22 rom file.

1 Reply 1

Phillip Remaker
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You might want to pose this question in the Linksys forums at http://homecommunity.cisco.com/

Also, try another terminal program like Teraterm Pro.  Maybe it needs "classic" xmodem?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco