Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.2 and VMS 2.2 - Co-existence

majama
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have CiscoWorks LMS 2.2 installed on Win2k advance server and running very well. Now, we have purchased VMS 2.2 (Basic) and installed it on the same server since we've been told by Cisco that they could co-exist. I found out that CSA could not be installed on a server that has any application that doesn't support SSL.. in my case DFM. I left the CSA and installed the rest of the application not including Common Services since it has been running on LMS.

When I open VMS drawer on CiscoWorks server desktop and click on any of the applications, I get “The page cannot be displayed” message. Do I need to install VMS 2.2 update 1 in order for it to work?

Applications that is installed on LMS:

Common Services with SP2 2.2 (IDU 8)

Campus Manager 3.3

Device Fault Manager 1.2

RME 3.5 (IDU 8)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

5 Replies 5

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

You should have installed both bundles on separate servers. Even though they could co-exist, but it is not a best practise.

Thanks!

milan.kulik
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

I've got the same configuratiom like you (LMS 2.2) with Update 1 installed. I also installed VMS 2.2 Basic to manage my IDS.

VMS ir running.

But I can't use it for my IDS configuration.

There is a bug, IDS MC not being able to import sensor filters if you are using system variables (i.e. $IN, $OUT, $USER-ADDRS, etc).

So I'm waiting for VMS upgrade to 2.3.

Regards,

Milan

Hi Milan,

How did you get around the SSL/port issue? I can't get anywhere when I click on Auto updater, anything under Management Center folder or Monitoring Center folder. They're all showing "page cannot be displayed" and I am suspecting some sort of HTTPS (SSL) TCP 443 issue which is hopefully customizable. I tried to enable SSL but couldn't because of DFM.

Thanks for the info about the bug.

Hi,

I've found my VMS installation notes and refreshed my memory:

1) I have not done anything special regarding SSL.

2) I installed CSCsa16682 and CSCee60913 patches for VMS.

3) I had a license problem, so I had to update my license with the file VMS-Sampler.lic from the installation CD.

4) I had to update signatures on VMS server (.zip file downloaded form CCO) to the version running on the IDS sensor before sensor importing to the Management Center.

HTH,

Milan