cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Load balancing and bridging over 2 point-to-point T1s

ogencheva
Level 1
Level 1

I need to bridge two WAN sites. It was determined that one T1 is not enough and DS3 is too much. So we are looking at two point-to-point T1s. Lets say I buy two 2621XM with build in DSU/CSU (WIC-1DSU-T1). How do I go about implementing bridging and load balancing? Do I just make all interfaces (FE0, S0/0, S0/1) on both sides members of one bridge group? How would load balancing be handled in this case?

Thank you in advance

3 Replies 3

beng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You can use Multilink PPP.

check the following link for more detail:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps133/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008007df23.html

Regards,

Bessie

This is what I would use if I am to route on serial interfaces. Do you know how it works with bridging? I was not able to found this info so far.

Thanks

Hi,

I have not tested this, but putting all interfaces in the same bridge group and then assigning the same path cost (bridge 1 path-cost xxxx in interface configuration mode) might work.

Regards,

Georg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: