Views
Helpful
Replies

load balancing

israr.a
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Can we configure load balancing between two ISP without BGP .

We are giving a 512 link to customer .

He is taking other 512 k from other service provider .He wants loadbalane the traffic .

Can you just send me the confiuration .

5 Replies 5

Depends on what routing protocol you are running on your side, and what hardware you are using. Can you post this info ?

Georg

Hello,

We are the ISP we are using BGP at our end .

Customer has 1700 cisco router & L3 switches .

Can you send us the configuration to load balance .

Thank you

aretana
Level 1
Level 1

Israr:

Most ISPs won't let you run anything else besides BGP with them. The main implication here is that you can really only use default static routes to load share.

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 serial0/0

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 serial0/1

...and source a default route into the rest of your network from here. The mechanism for that depends on the IGP that you're using.

Alvaro.

jamey
Level 4
Level 4

It seems you would give the customer a block of IPs as would the other ISP. His best bet to load balance is to use the two blocks of IPs in conjunction with Policy Based Routing. Basically, he could assign (or through NAT) half of his hosts with your IPs and the other half with the other ISPs' block on his router, then policy route from his router based on what the source IP is to the appropriate ISP.

Hello,

Thats right we are giving the ip block to them .

They have 1700 router at there side & Layer 3 switch .

I need configuration can you just send me the

configuration example Of NAT & policy based routing .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: