cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Losing Packets

rmrahman0302
Level 1
Level 1

I recently joined in a company. I have cisco 4500 router behind the firewall connected to CSU/DSU. I have local users are on the private network 192.168.79.0. Public address assigned on the ethernet0, ethernet1 and ethernet2. Static route is assigned like

ip route 192.168.0.0 255.255.0.0 null 0

Internet was working fine but Ethernet1 and ethernet2 was not working. Then I tried add route in between them using rip. After I added routing then system became very slow and is droping packets.

I deleted all the routing but still it dosn't connect to the internet. I have checked T1 service provider and found the line is ok.

Anybody has any suggestion on this?

9 Replies 9

skra
Level 1
Level 1

What kind of firewall is it?

What routes configured on it?

Can you post the config of the 4500 router?

Regards

Spyros

It is watchguard Firewall.

Right now I don't have the config file with me but as per I can remember static route configured on the router like

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 serial0.1

ip route 172.16.0.0 255.255.0.0 null0

ip route 192.168.0.0 255.255.0.0 null0

IP address on ethernet0 is 63.67.79.1 255.255.255.0

IP address on ethernet1 is 63.66.107.1 255.255.255.0

IP address on ethernet2 is 63.65.117.1 255.255.255.0

There is no IP address assigned on serial0

Encapsulation is frame-relay

It would be very helpful if you provide me the config in order to investigate it.

Is it possoble for you?

You can send it directly at skranis@algosystems.gr

It is midnight now, I can email the config file after 7 hours when I will go to the office.

Also Is there any command I can use to bring back in the previous stage where it was working fine. I used show IP route command to verify the configuration like it was before. It is show the same route. I don't where is the problem.

I'm in greece,and here is 10:20 am!

No problem,sent the info after 7 hours.

If you have not write the configuration ( wr or copy run start command) you can issue the command in order to see the written configuration and make the appropriate changes.

I did use write mem when I addedd the routing but I did copy the running configration before I added the routing. I have installed another new router with same configuration but still droping packets.

Can you send me a schematic diagram?

Furthermore I will wait for the running config when you will be there in order to investigate further!

Regards

Spyros

joyride_us
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

what do you mean with "add route in between them" ?

Have you tried a traceroute from a local host to see how packets reach your ISP?

Could it be a load-balancing problem between all the Ethernet ports ? Too much pressure on your firewall ?

Is the port configuration right on the Eth1 and 2 ?

Tell us more!