cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MICA Modem for 7200

InterSolve-IT
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking for information on a MICA Modem Port Adapter to be used in a 7204 to facilitate dial-up remote access. I've queried CCO with the following strings "7200" and "MICA" and "modem" and "port adapter".

I understand the 3600 series chasis support the MCIA Modem Port Adapters, but have not determined whether the components are universal with other/all cisco routers. If so, should I follow the Release Notes for the 3600 for installation/configuration? If not, what component would facilitate the function in a 7200?

3 Replies 3

jduffek
Level 1
Level 1

x600 modules do not fit in the 7200 series. There are no other kind of digital modem modules for the 7200 series that I know of. You may want to call cisco presales at 800-553-NETS to get a definite answer.

Josh

zahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is absolutely no question about having internal modems in 7000s/7200s/7500s plateform as

they are not meant for this purpose. The best you

can do is install BRI or PRI PA in your 7200 and

have your users dial in as isdn rather than a phone

line.

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

7xxx (7000/7200/7500 etc) platforms are not designed for modem support so none of the modem modules (mica or analog) can be plugged into 7xxx routers. Tejal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: