cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multicast is sent on ports that not are member og the multicast group

mortenschitz
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem where multicast packets are sent on ports where they should not.

The network contains five switches and no router, the five switches are connected in a circle and using RSTP.  Among a lot of other devices there are a few devices connected to two switches (I have shown one in the drawing).  These devices contains a two port switch which are not forwarding datapackets from one port to the other.  My problem is that all multicast traffic on the network is being sent to these devices. The links to these devices are going through a slow speed modem so I don't want any extra traffic.

It is only nativ VLAN 1 used
The switches have all the same configuration except the line: ip igmp snooping querier, this line is only on the switch with address 10.1.10.54.

I do get the 239.192.1.36, 239.192.1.38, 239.192.1.39, 239.192.1.40, 239.192.1.41 and 239.192.1.42 on Fa 0/1-4

Anyone got an idea of why I get all multicast messages ut on Fa 0/4?ShowIpIgmpSnoopingGroup.JPGSwitchConfig.JPGNetwork.jpg

I'm using the the Native vlan 1 due to compability with the device I have connected.

4 Replies 4

Hello
Enable ip igmp snooping

conf t
ip igmp snooping
ip igmp snooping vlan 1

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

I do got the

ip igmp snooping vlan 1 immediate-leave

so I'm not able to enter it without the immediate-leave in addition.

I have also tried without the immediate-leave, but there are no difference.

show ip igmp snooping

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

This is the result of sh ip igmp snooping

SW-C4-1#sh ip ig sn
Global IGMP Snooping configuration:
-------------------------------------------
IGMP snooping : Enabled
IGMPv3 snooping (minimal) : Enabled
Report suppression : Enabled
TCN solicit query : Disabled
TCN flood query count : 2
Robustness variable : 2
Last member query count : 2
Last member query interval : 1000

Vlan 1:
--------
IGMP snooping : Enabled
CAPWAP enabled : Disabled
IGMPv2 immediate leave : Disabled
Multicast router learning mode : pim-dvmrp
CGMP interoperability mode : IGMP_ONLY
Robustness variable : 2
Last member query count : 2
Last member query interval : 1000

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: