Views
Helpful
Replies

Multile Vlan numbers on the same port

scotttowers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm new to Cisco products, so please bare with me if this sounds like an idiot of a question.

I have a Catalyst 4006, with moduels WS-X4013, WS-X4148-RJ, WS-X4232-L3 and WS-X4232-GB-RJ.

I'm trying to configure some of the ports to be able to have more than one Vlan number, i.e. Port 1 - Vlan number = 1 and 4.

Is this possible at all and with the GUI, HTTP access?

Also would anyone let me know what the latest software and firmware version are the this product?

Hope someone can help

Thanks

Best regards

Scott

7 Replies 7

amit-singh
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Scott,

That is not possible and a port cannot be a member of multiple vlans. This is with the exception of the trunk port which is used to carry multiple vlan information from one switch to another switch.

HTH,

-amit singh

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

In answer to your second question, the latest version is 8.4(7)GLX;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps4324/prod_release_note09186a00801a162e.html

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Can someone please let me know the lastest version of IOS I can install on this device.

Thanks

Scott

hi Scott,

for what do u need these ports in multiple vlans?

Regards,

Sebastian

I need 3 different Vlans to access one other Vlan.i.e 3 servers on different Vlans to access the firewall.

Is there another way to do this?

hi scott,

Sure there are some ways...

1. Why not routze the traffic? U might use Inter-Vlan Routing.

2. connect your switch to your Firewall with a trunk interface.

If u have a Cisco PIX refer here:

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/security/showcase?case=K10055697

hope this is of any help....

Regards,

Sebastian

Hi ,you need to configure the VLAN on the Ethernet boards of your hosts : most can support VLAN now. And then configure a trunk to the switch. As for the InterVlan : either your switch supports ISL and you have an easy job (creating one sub-interface per VLAN) or you need one interface per VLAN!

Cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: