cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

N7K-M132XP-12: can we make it over subscribe 1:2 or 1:3 for two or three connected ports in port group

jbhanderi671
Level 1
Level 1

Nexus 7000 blade N7K-M132XP-12 question :   I know the oversubscribe ratio on this module is 4:1, if we used in  share mode and 1:1 for dedicated mode.    But when I use only two or three ports out of four ports in port group. It means my oversubscribe ratio is 1:2 and 1:3 respectively for that port group is thats correct ??

3 Replies 3

canero
Level 1
Level 1

Hi jignesh,
Dedicated mode prevents other pprts to be used only allows one port to be used,
i think for shared mode the oversubacription ratio should be per module, not per port group,
Hope this helps
Best regards

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

It means is cap base on backplan switching capacity of n7k module which is [80G], not exactly on port group of 4 ports.

To confirm senario one more time, If i have a 16 ports connected to that module[32 port-10G] in any port group fashion, i can tx/rx 80G traffic and if i do load sharing than 5G per port ..!! ?

Thank you.

--Jignesh

Hi,

The ports (1,3,5,7), (2,4,6,8) etc., are connected through a port ASIC which has a 10Gbps connection towards the fabric. That will mean that if you're using only two of the four ports in a group you will have 2:1 over-subscription on the port ASIC connection.

Regards

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: