Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAM (Network Analysis Module) upgrade

Hi,

I want to upgrade a NAM (Network Analysis Module), of a catalyst 6509,

from the 1.1(1a) version to 2.1.2 version. In the 1.1(1a) version i don´t have the upgrade command, like in version 2.1.2. Who can I upgrade this NAM?

Thanks

Antonio Sobreiro

4 Replies 4

grayd
Level 1
Level 1

In some of the older NAM code, you have to reboot the NAM in the maintenaince partition in order to get the upgrade command. Try the following before you attempt to upgrade "Console> (enable) reset mod hdd:2" where the mod is the module number for the NAM. It will reset the NAM in maintenaince mode so that you can upgrade it. You can get more information here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_installation_and_configuration_guide09186a00800f56d6.html#38403

Thank you for your support. That realy help

Regards

Antonio Sobreiro

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

There was a bug in 1.1(1a) where the upgrade command is missing in the Application Partition. Therefore, boot into the Maintenance Partition first, upgrade the Application Partition and the do the reverse.

Thank you for your support. That realy help

Regards

Antonio Sobreiro

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco