cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT, Address pool and Access control lists

dmalamba
Level 1
Level 1

I am using a nat on my 2610 router for our internet connection and i have defined a dynamic nat pool of 4 global ip addresses. My problem is only 4 wkstations are connected at a time and I have to clear ip nat translations to allow other users to access the internet. How can I configure my router so that all wkstations are able access the internet concurently?

2 Replies 2

mberrocal
Level 1
Level 1

if you sent you ip nat config, I could tell you what to change exactly. But I think what you've missing the overload parameter, it goes like this:

ip nat inside source list 7 pool POOLNAME overload

The following are my router configuration

router rip

version 2

no validate-update-source

redistribute connected

network 10.0.0.0

network 62.0.0.0

network 192.168.10.0

network 192.168.30.0

network 192.168.100.0

network 192.168.240.0

neighbor 10.10.10.1

ip nat pool X.X.X.80 X.X.X.83 prefix-length 24

ip nat inside source list 7 pool Internet_Access

ip classless

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.10.10.1

!

access-list 7 permit X.X.X.0 0.0.0.200

dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit

dialer-list 1 protocol ipx permit

And sometimes what happens is that i am unable to browse the outside websited except those that are directly connected to my isp. And I tend to wonder whether my routing configuration are some how wrong or whether my isp is getting it wring. But my isp has a static routing protocol directing all the traffic to my network number and the configuration is like this

ip route (my_network_number netmusk MY_router_internet_Interface) interface)

but when I involked the command u advised, it worked for multiple concurrent connections. I dont know how to go about the other problems

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: