Views
Helpful
Replies

[Netflow records generation]

Carlos A. Silva
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, 

Please bear with me since I don't have that much experience on the nuts and bolts of Netflow.

I want to be able to understand how many netflow packets per second can a router generate to be sent to a collector once netflow has been enabled on an interface. I want to be able to predict somehow how many PPS can go through a Firewall after being generated by a router trying to reach its collector. BW utilization would be nice, too, but PPS would be enough.

Thanks!

c.

2 Replies 2

Diana Karolina Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello!

I will share with you the next information:

If NetFlow is applied in both directions, then the flow record packets are policed at the rate of 35,000 packets per second per direction. If NetFlow is applied in one direction only, then the flow record packets are policed at the rate of 70,000packets per second per direction. Here is the link for your reference:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/crs/software/crs_r4-2/netflow/configuration/guide/b_netflow_cg42crs/b_netflow_cg42asr_chapter_00.pdf

Please do not forget to rate useful post.

Best Regards,

I’m assuming that’s the record packet generation limits, but not how to calculate how many netflow record PPS are generated towards the collector.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: