Views
Helpful
Replies

Network design Issue

tarik.cisco
Level 1
Level 1
Hello everybody!

I am going through a network problem  and I believe to be some problem related to network design.

Our network is distributed in two sites, each with 2 routers interconnected by two different data link.

The main link (fig.) is connected to the second router of each side (JAG_rtcftv02 / PAR_rtcftv02) at the interface GigaEthernet 0/1 (L3 interface).

The secondary link, the first router on each side (JAG_rtcftv01 /PAR_rtcftv02), is connected to corporate network by a trunk interface FastEthernet 0/0/0 (L2 interface).

We have two different networks on the left side wich are supervised by the management at right side.

We are using a ring topology and a star topology. Both are connected by trunk of each router card (HWIC-4ESW / Fast Ethernet0/0/1 and 0/0/2).

Routers are running HSRP for redundancy.

The problem happens every time I change some wiring in the star network, ultimately affects the stability of the ring network and stopping some circuits.

What may be affecting this? I believe this connection to the secondary link (Fast Ethernet 0/0/0) is causing problemsSpanning-Tree but not sure.

I ask for some help!

2 Replies 2

jamiegrive
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Tarik,

Can you post some more detail on the layer 2 domain you are having issue with? It doesn't look like a star or ring topology in your diagram.

Thanks,

Jamie

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hey tarik,

Some quick questions...

- Which device is th root bridge?

- is there a connection between the primary and secondary routers on each side?

- can you paste you HSRP configs. for each device?

- Are both primary and secondary routers connected to the corporate network via dot1q trunk?  If not, please provide details.

Thanks.