cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No show running-config

h.wall
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3640 router with 128 mb of ram and 32 mb of flash. My desktop support group has been trying to eradicate nachi virus and will be done by the end of the workday. My routers had cpu's in excess of 80% but are now back to normal(12%). I however cannot execute a show running-config command. The routers just show a blank and then go to the next line. Show startup-config works fine. I do not want to reload these routers.

5 Replies 5

Hello,

this is because you are logged on under a user that does not have the privilege level to view the running-config (you need at least privilege level 8 to do this). Check if you can logon under another username that does have more privileges.

Also, check this link for a description of the privilege levels with regard to the show running-config command:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/63/showrun.shtml

Regards,

Georg

I have no aaa or security on the router. I have full rights just through the enable prompt. I can make cahanges to the router , I just cant get an enable prompt. Sho config shows fine.

I am confused...you cannot get an enable prompt ? can you post the config ?

Regards,

Georg

tbaranski
Level 4
Level 4

I've only heard of this happening because of 1) priviledge level issues, and 2) memory usage issues (i.e., your free memory is low and you need to reboot).

s-almeida
Level 1
Level 1

You will have to reload the router for getting the show runing command working. I dont see any other way out of this problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: