Views
Helpful
Replies

No Switch Port

krishnamyworld
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Can We use Cisco HWIC-4ESW as no Switch Port.

5 Replies 5

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HI Krishna,

I did not understand fully but still I guess you want to configure the port as No switchport ????

If i m right then the answer will be no:

Router(config-if)#no switchport

Command rejected: Not a convertable port.

or you have diff question in mind ???

Regards

Hi,

isn't it tied to the platform and IOS ver of the router where the WIC is installed ?

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Disclaimer

The   Author of this posting offers the information contained within this   posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that   there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In   no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

I believe the low end L2 modules only support L3 across a SVI.  For routed HWIC interfaces, believe you need the HWIC-1FE or HWIC-2FE.

Alain

I believe that the OP was pretty clear that he is asking about the network module for a router with the built on switch. It is my understanding that these ports can only operate as switch ports (using a SVI for layer 3 connection) and as such they would not support the no switchport command (which does work on a true layer 3 switch port to make it a routed port).

HTH

Rick

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH

Rick

krishnamyworld
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All.. Thanks For the Quick Response.. we tested the Same the Command (No Switch Port) does not Supports to Module