cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OC3 lightstream to 7200vxr atm

sarahd
Level 1
Level 1

I've a cellstream pvc setup mapped to Ip which has a status of up on the router and up on the Ls1010. I can't however ping the Ip address at the far end of the pvc. When I debug atm errors I receive 'failed to echco oam cell'. Also when I sh int atm2/0.88 I see outbound oam cells counting up but no inbound, I'm using aal5snap, inarp 1, oam 10.

Is this because my cellstream provider has missed something on their end of the circuit ?

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

Not sure if OAM cells have got anything do with ping. You could check if the connection end points are configured for PVC management through OAM .

Check out http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fwan_c/wcfatm.htm

Hi! I have encountered this problem before interconnecting two different ATM equipment. It didn't work until I enalbled OAM for both. I think the same goes with your problem. Try enabling OAM for both equipment. Regards - albert

Hi , yes thanks for that, I don't have control over the remote end and have my provider reconfiguring the remote device pvc again, I suspect oam was missed.

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: