Views
Helpful
Replies

OID LatestJitOperRTTMin

ijalba_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

HI

My colleagues use this OID to create statistics reports with a tool which collects statistics every 5 minutes.

DataColumn=1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.42.1.5.2.1.4,MinRTT,integer,,LatestJitOperRTTMin

Can anyone explain me which can be the reason why some the routers, from time to time, report this value = 0 ?

When this value is reported 0,

DataColumn=1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.42.1.5.2.1.1,NumOfRTT,integer,,LatestJitOperNumOfRTT shows 0 as well.

ip sla 300

udp-jitter x.x.x.x 16078 source-ip x.x.x.x num-packets 100 interval 2800

owner xxx

frequency 300

ip sla schedule 300 life forever start-time now

Thanks

1 Reply 1

ijalba_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

The SLA probe return all this values of 0 because the control message (ctrl-msg) is failing and the probe is not starting. The question is now why this ctrl message is failing for only one probe as I ran 16 probes on my source routers.

Maybe my responder is not able to process all the control messages on udp/1967.

"6. If the responder cannot process the control message, it returns an error. If the responder processes the control message, it sends an okay message to the source router and listens on the port specified in the control message.

Note: The responder is capable of responding to multiple Cisco IOS IP SLAs operations that try to connect to the same port number."?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/technologies/tk648/tk362/tk920/technologies_white_paper09186a00802d5efe.html          

Where can I find what exacly "multiple" means?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: