Helpful
Replies

OSPF-Problem

rabeder
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

my question:

i have a router, which is connected to two different areas -100 and 200.

Now i want taht a certain loopbackadress is propageted to both areas.

i tried with two ospf prozeßes and configured the lo-interface in both prozeßes

on withe area 100 - the other with area 200.

i had no problem to configure this - but the lo-address was only propagated into one area ?

How can i achive this ??

Any idea ?

Thanks for an answer !

4 Replies 4

drogell
Level 1
Level 1

For 2 areas to communicate they have to go through area 0 which is the bacbone area. Do you have bacbone are configured ?

What we want to do is the following:

Our router has two ospf processes and we want to put one loopback-interface into both processes

looks similarly to this:

int loopback0

ip address 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.255

router ospf 1

network 1.1.1.1 0.0.0.0 area 0

router ospf 2

network 1.1.1.1 0.0.0.0 area 0

! works if one process is defined with "redistribute connected subnets"

! but this should not be necessary, right?

The reason for this is that we connect two autonomous MP-BGP-systems (carrier-to-carrier) both via OSPF over this router and need one tdp-router-id which is propagated into both networks.

Any suggestions how we should design it right?

Regards,

Chris

What wrong with redistribute connected subnets? If you are worrying about unecessary type 5 generation then do it with a route-map. If you are running the latest IOS code which has a fix for CSCdp72526 then this will be automatically taken care of, no need for a route-map.

The configuration you mentioned will not work because the interface can only be configured in one ospf process and in one area.

Faraz

Hi,

how would you configure getting one loopback-address (=one tdp router-id for both) into two different ospf systems?

Sample would be fine,

Regards Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: