cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer 7.3.0 'File Not Found' Error

crc749
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! This is my first time posting on the forums, so please excuse me if I am not posting in the correct area.

I recently upgraded to Packet Tracer 7.3.0, but have been experiencing issues where the icons (switch, router, pc) are appearing as 'FILE NOT FOUND'. I switched to an old version and it works fine, but my .pkt files that I have from the semester are not supported on the older version(s) of Packet Tracer, so I upgraded back to 7.3.0. I can also still configure everything, but it's just a big headache to see that giant error message. Is there a fix to this issue? Maybe I'm just missing some packages?2354235.png

56 Replies 56

Has anybody found a solution to this issue?

Anyone got an answer yet? 

I list a solution lower in the thread.

It might WOrk I am yet to try
MJ

It might WOrk I am yet to try

MJ

File not found error

Keep reading further down this thread, all the answers are there. 

luiscandelario4
Level 1
Level 1
Any solution yet?

jonhaggie
Level 1
Level 1

I also have this problem.. While it looks like all the graphics are installed, they're not being accessed properly by Packet Tracer for some reason. Until there's a fix I copied the "blank40x40.png" graphic from the art\ComponentBox directory to the art\Misc directory and renamed it to "gFileNotFound.png" so that the diagrams don't look so terrible. Rename the original "gFileNotFound.png" first as a backup to revert to once the problem is fixed..

Capture.JPG

crc749
Level 1
Level 1

My personal solution to this was to determine what version the .pkt files were saved in and update packet tracer back to the version where majority of my files were saved in (7.2.2). Not the greatest or simplest solution, but I need it working ASAP to begin studying before classes start again. 

jeremiahhagen
Level 1
Level 1

It took me a while to figure this out. If you download and install Packet Tracer 7.2.2 then install Packet Tracer 7.3.0. Then you want to copy the folder "Logical" under Program Files\Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2.2\art\workspace to Program Files\Cisco Packet Tracer 7.3.0\art\workspace. This worked for me and I hope it will work for all.

Wow this actually worked. Do you know why though?

Nice one.. Worked for me.

It's just a wrong file name. On the left below is the file name in 7.2.2, and on the right 7.3. I am assuming they either forgot to rename them removing the @2x    in the file name. The programming is still trying to call the file name on the left. So you could simply change the file name in 7.3 removing the @2x  in the name and it works after you restart the program. 

cisco.PNG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: