cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer 7.3.0 'File Not Found' Error

crc749
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! This is my first time posting on the forums, so please excuse me if I am not posting in the correct area.

I recently upgraded to Packet Tracer 7.3.0, but have been experiencing issues where the icons (switch, router, pc) are appearing as 'FILE NOT FOUND'. I switched to an old version and it works fine, but my .pkt files that I have from the semester are not supported on the older version(s) of Packet Tracer, so I upgraded back to 7.3.0. I can also still configure everything, but it's just a big headache to see that giant error message. Is there a fix to this issue? Maybe I'm just missing some packages?2354235.png

56 Replies 56

Perfect, thanks!

Impressive!! 5 stars to you

this worked for me, i can't believe they still haven't fixed this yet.  the following powershell script will rename all of the necessary files in one command:

Get-ChildItem -recurse -name | ForEach-Object { Move-Item $_ $_.replace("@2x", "") }

That worked thanks!! 

Also attached to the folder with the correct images. So you can skip the install. 

Spot on, and your file works too. For anyone wondering it is at the location as follows:

C:\Program Files\Cisco Packet Tracer 7.3.0\art\Workspace\Logical; unzip the download @RonaldTidwell69310 provided, remove the old one, paste this in place.

thanks bro

thank you for your help!

very appreciated and helpful!

Yes if I can say what is wrong I will so we can get it fixed. We got new a new update that makes PT work better.

Gold Star! Thank you. Those icons were driving me crazy. Cisco should award you an honory certificate for your contributions ;)

1st *Go To This Adrees*
C:\Program Files\Cisco Packet Tracer 7.3.0\art\Workspace

2nd *Past This Folder Replace IT* ( -- Logical -- )

thanks 

Thnx a lot! This helped

Exceedingly Legit!! Thanks...this has been driving me nuts for a couple of weeks.  I review heaps of PTs for my students and they're all using 7.3, while 7.2 is the only version I've been able to run....This fixes it nicely!

Thank you so much! This was very helpful!