cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer 7.3.0 'File Not Found' Error

crc749
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! This is my first time posting on the forums, so please excuse me if I am not posting in the correct area.

I recently upgraded to Packet Tracer 7.3.0, but have been experiencing issues where the icons (switch, router, pc) are appearing as 'FILE NOT FOUND'. I switched to an old version and it works fine, but my .pkt files that I have from the semester are not supported on the older version(s) of Packet Tracer, so I upgraded back to 7.3.0. I can also still configure everything, but it's just a big headache to see that giant error message. Is there a fix to this issue? Maybe I'm just missing some packages?2354235.png

56 Replies 56

But are the file names the same in the folder? Is one a 32 bit system?

Do they have the correct naming pattern?

Hey, I also had same problem with Packet Tracer 7.3. you can fix that by going to Program files/Packet tracer 7.3/art/workspace/logical and then you will see most icons named with "@2x" just renamed them by removing @2x. 

Or you can copy all icons from Packet Tracer 7.2 by going to the same location and paste all icons from PKT 7.2 to the PKT 7.3 

QuinnBowman
Level 1
Level 1

Close out of Packet Tracer.

Open Powershell as Admin: Win+X > Windows Powershell (Admin)

Run this command: 

Get-Item 'C:\Program Files\Cisco Packet Tracer 7.3.0\art\Workspace\Logical\*.png' | Rename-Item -NewName {$_.name -replace "@2X",""}
--
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But, there they are.

That's a great solution.

GHernandezteves
Level 1
Level 1
Yes that problem trying to create a simple network and when I click on router and PT puts a window message error n app exits.

I had the same problem. I copied the folder "logical" from version 7.2 in version 7.3.Now I have in folder "logical" ,new and old images for devices.

Now the problem is that the files don't open when I click on the icon direct pkt files. I have to open them via packet tracer program with menu ,file,open,and then dyrectory to file .pkt.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance,

Replacing the new logical folder in place of old one worked for me. try moving new logical folder to some previous folder and restart computer

TheDuong
Level 1
Level 1

me too

When i try to use switches and routers in latest version it says file is missing what can i do , please help me

I have the same problem

Zak6131
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: