cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer ver7.3.0 login page does not start due to openGL problems

zsoka
Level 1
Level 1

I even installed the newest version of PT on my Win10 system. When I start it, the load of the login page fails with the message that the openGL support is not ready.

PTproblem.jpg

Although my graphic card is old, and the driver may not support opengl, the required dlls are in the PT/bin folder (the installer brought them with).

I did not have this problem with PTv7.2.2, and neither with v7.3.0 on another Win10 machine.

Do you have any idea how to solve this?

Thank you

12 Replies 12

Hello,

hard to say. Have you tried to update the driver for your adapter ?

https://tencomputer.com/opengl-drivers-windows-10-8-7/

Hi, and thank you for the idea, but unfortunately the Intel DSA did not find any updates for the Graphics. :(

It is however very strange, that the version 7.2.2 runs without any problems.

MichalJakubec
Level 1
Level 1

Surprisingly, I have found a support article at Autodesk mentioning a simple solution to the problem described above: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-Failed-to-create-OpenGL-context-for-format-QSurfaceFormat-when-launching-Fusion-360.html

Solution is to simply define two new system-wide environment variables:

• QT_OPENGL=angle
  • QT_ANGLE_PLATFORM=warp

Hope it helps!

Thank you very much!

It worked perfectly.

big thanks it's worked

windows 7 32bit

Thanks It worked for windows 8 32 bit CPT 8.0.1

It worked fine. Thanks

thiagorj8373133
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem and it was solved by adding variables to the system. thanks

Same error - qsurfaceformat - QT_OPENGL=angle, QT_ANGLE_PLATFORM=warp doesn't work for my pc on Windows 10 and g33/g31 graphic. But QMLSCENE_DEVICE=softwarecontext is work fine and allow me render login page

Thank you it worked for me Windows 7 32 bit for Cisco Packet tracer 8.0

it's worked for me ! much thanks to you

Thank you very much!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: